Monday, July 29, 2013

Back to School Supplies

The Sunday papers were flooded with ads!  I always scour them to find the best deals for back to school supplies.  I always dig into my own pocket to purchase my favorite things so I know I'll have just what I need.  So I have two questions:  do you dig into your own pocket to purchase supplies you need as a teacher?  And if so, what is your spending range?

Currently, in my district, we get a small supply allowance.  I usually tap that first.  I buy a jump-drive for storing documents from the computer, and some other things that I know we use regularly.   My favorite items to purchase are dry erase markers, composition notebooks and crayons.

This year, I'm smiling as I am thinking about crayons!  There s a cute new picture book out by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers called The Day the Crayons Quit.  It's made it on the NY Times Best Seller list!  It's all about how crayons have feelings too!  Check out Oliver's website for more about the crayons...you'll never think the same of the crayons again.




http://www.oliverjeffers.com/picture-books/the-day-the-crayons-quit

What other school supplies might quit their jobs?  It's all about their point of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment